There are many benefits to receiving a Montessori education. Some of the more prominant benefits include:
- Self Worth: Children gain an extremely strong sense of self-worth; they learn that they are important and their ideas are valuable.
- Increased Confidence: Children gain the confidence required to master new skills, solve difficult problems, and achieve success.
- Community Awareness: Children learn how to live in community with people who have different strengths and weaknesses.
- Leadership: Children learn how to lead, and at the same time, be part of a team.
- Self Instruction: Through the use of self correcting equipment, children learn from their own errors by getting feedback on choices they make.
- Environment Respect: Children learn the importance of preserving the environment while using it’s resources wisely.
- Increased Aptitude: According to a study published in Science in 2006, five year old Montessori students were “significantly better prepared for elementary school in reading and math skills than the non-Montessori children” and they also tested better in their “ability to adapt to changing and more complex problems”.