Our French Immersion Program is a core part of our Primary Program. From the ages of 3 to 6, children can learn a second language just as easily as they can learn their first language. Through our program they are immersed in everyday experiences in addition to their curriculum studies, and before long children begin to use their French to ask questions, talk to their peers, express ideas, and share feelings and thoughts.
French Immersion Teacher
- Nathalie Cataisson, our French teacher, is a native of France and holds a an AMS Montessori Certification as well French Associates Degrees in Biology and Biochemistry.
- She is fluent in English as well as French.
- She is a strong supporter of the immersion concept of education.
French Immersion Curriculum
- Our French Immersion Program follows the Montessori curriculum and includes the following subject areas: Practical Life, Sensory Development, Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Geography, Science, Art and Music.
- Teaching is done entirely in French and is supported by the use of materials in French.
- Children are immersed in various aspects of French Culture.
Benefits of Early Immersion:
- Learning a second language at a young age enhances cognitive development.